If you can come to our kennel you are cordially invited to see our dogs and puppies (by appointment only please, that way you don't miss us). We ask that if you are planning to visit more than one kennel on the same day, that you visit us first. No one that has been to another kennel on the same day will be allowed to see our puppies for safety sake, unless you take a "bleach" bath first. :-)
Puppy Buyer Requirements:
* We ask that our buyers do their research on the Havanese breed. This breed of dog is not for everyone. They are active and inquisitive. they require lots of human interaction and do not do well when left alone for long periods of time. They WILL find ways to get your attention and not always in a pleasurable manner. There are many web sites on the Internet that offer excellent information on the breed. There are also several books available (check www.amazon.com)
* Buyers need a fenced yard that is secure and an area where your Havanese can get adequate exercise.
* We encourage our buyers to invest the time to take your puppy to obedience classes. This helps ensure that your dog learns the rules of being a family member.
* We ask that our buyers keep in contact with us. We love updates on how our puppies have grown up. We encourage you to call us if you ever have questions about your dog or it's family history. This also helps us in our breeding program.
Our puppies are released on an individual basis depending on how they are doing, their litter size, when they start to eat on their own, and lastly how they react to their puppy shots. Generally, puppies go home between 10 to 12 weeks. This is only if the puppy is completely ready to go and the environment where the puppy is going is a safe and secure one. Occasionally we have an older puppy available due to someone changing their mind as to color, pattern, quality or sex. These puppies usually have a better defined temperament and still adjust very well to new environments.
Our puppies receive a minimum of one shot prior to going home. We give shots at 10, 14 and 18 weeks. If a puppy goes home at 10 weeks we still recommend it get another shot at 14 weeks and 18 weeks. After a pup is a year old, it requires an annual booster. Our puppies are wormed prior to going home. We worm all puppies with Nemex ll at 5 and 7 weeks.
We guarantee all puppies to be healthy when they leave our kennel. If you receive a puppy from us and a health problem develops within 48 hours, you must contact us regarding the problem. We cannot be responsible for veterinary costs not approved prior to treatment. If your puppy should die within 7 days of leaving our kennel due to Parvo or Distemper (autopsy report required), we will replace it with a like quality puppy. Any puppy which dies due to a genetic defect within 12 months after purchase will be replaced free of charge (except shipping, health certificate and handling fee). This will be done if your veterinarian attributes death to a genetic deformity in an autopsy and sends the findings of the autopsy to us. The autopsy shall be at the owners expense.
All parents of our puppies are in superb health. We OFA certify (see http://www.offa.org) all our dogs at 24 months of age. On occasion, if a male is bred prior to 24 months, the x-rayed hips are evaluated by our Veterinarian and myself to ensure there is no sign of hip dysplasia. All our dogs have their eyes cleared, free of eye defects, by a certified ophthalmologist annually.
All puppies will have their eyes examined by a certified ophthalmologist & their BAER testing done prior to leaving our kennel. The Buyer will be given a copy of the original exam.
Puppies-$1600.00 - $2200.00 Show/ Breeding Quality Adults - $2300.00 & up
All show/breeding prospect pups are sold on a full ownership with the understanding that a title must be attained,before breeding. Acceptable titles are: AKC or ASCA Championship, Obedience CDX or AKC equivalent, Open Herding (ducks, sheep, or cattle), Open Agility.
All pet quality pups are sold on a spay/neuter contract.
A deposit of $500.00 will hold the puppy of your choice until it is old enough to leave the kennel. No puppy is reserved until we receive a deposit on it, first come first serve. A deposit is refundable if we do not have the right puppy for you, however if we come to an agreement on a puppy then the deposit becomes non refundable. We will return a deposit, in the event a litter does not occur, if the deposit is sent to us prior to the litter being whelped.
We also reserve the right to refund your deposit if after a home check we find that your home is not adequate for the puppy.
Method of Payment:
All puppies leaving our home must be paid for in full prior to leaving. If you are coming to pick up your puppy/dog at our home, we accept Cash (U.S. currency only), Cashier's Check or Money Order (ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL CHECKS). For out of town customers, we will accept a Certified Check or Money Order for the total purchase price plus Registration cost, cost of sending in the BAER/Eye certifications, Health Cert, & shipping costs prior to the puppy/dog being shipped.
Photos of puppies or parents can be sent to you via e-mail for free and upon request. Or we can send you photos by U.S. Postal for the cost of $1.00 each to help with cost of processing and mailing.
Shipping: We NO longer ship our puppies!!!
If at all possible we encourage buyers to come and pick up their pup.
It is much easier to transport a pup as "carry on" <g>.
* Heath Certificate (required): $45.00
* AKC Registration (required): $24.00 w/certified pedigree: $37.00
* BAER Test/Submission (required): $60.00
* Eye Cerf Test/Submission (required): $46.00
* Rabies Vaccine (if required by your country): $18.00
* Import Certificate required by country
* Handling Fee: Due to the increase in gas prices - $120.00 round-trip to Reno/Tahoe International Airport which is a 5 hour round trip from our house.